Many residents, seasonal workers and business owners in the Chamonix Valley are aware that there are threats to our overall environment and in particular to this beautiful Valley. However although many would like to help, often they do not feel that they fully understand the problems or what they can actually do to help. Additionally for some people environmental issues are completely new and can often be either frightening or literally unbelievable.
There are a number of local environmental organisations working on researching the situation and finding ways to protect this area as well as local businesses or individuals already doing what they can to make life here more sustainable. However we understand that it is currently difficult for them to get this information across to the International community within the Valley.
We do not profess to be environmental experts ourselves, however we love this valley and want to help this situation.
Therefore we are holding an event where the people of Chamonix can:
- Get access to experts in environmental issues to ask questions and get advice
- Get together with other like minded people to discuss environmental issues in the Chamonix Mont Blanc Valley as well as in general
- Share ideas with each other to mitigate our impact and make life here more sustainable
- Become aware of or get involved in activities and products with minimal environmental impact
- Get ideas on how to pursue outdoor activities more sustainably
- Speak to companies in the valley who are offering more sustainable methods of transport as an alternative to the private car
- Have some fun! By listening to some live acoustic music and sampling some local organic produce!
If you have an environmental product or service to offer or you are doing something with your own business, chalet or life in general that you consider environmentally friendly and would like to share your offerings or ideas with the people of Chamonix as an exhibitor at this event we would love to hear from you.
Please fill in our potential exhibitor booking form or see our contact page.
If you would like to attend the event as a visitor it’s free to attend again this year! So please put the 2nd - 4th June in your diary and come along! We’ll be happy to see you!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like more information.